Home Forums Television 2019 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Riley
Guest 2018
Luca Giliberti
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the Golden Globes TV predictions and discussions here in Part 2.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Riley’s post:

Given the win and two subsequent nominations for Christian Slater, the Globes seem more receptive to comeback stories than other awards. It was an acclaimed performance in a new show and the Globes variably do go for the ones that were overlooked by the Emmys, like Corey Stoll. We have also seen the Globes single out acclaimed performances like Ben Mendelsohn and others in this category from first seasons like Danny Huston and Scott Caan from shows that neither they nor the Emmys particularly liked. They might not remember Goliath.

Thank you! I’m predicting both Thornton and Fraser, and also Swank. I think they love Thornton. He won that Globe for Fargo over McConnaughey and the Globe for the 1st season of Goliath. I think he can easily get nominated again if they’re not sure for other contenders to nominate. As of Fraser, he’s a big name and this is an acclaimed performance as u said, it’s probably the 1st thing that he’s done that’s got awards-attraction? He’s a veteran at this point. And Swank, I just think the category is too weak, not predicting any of the Emmy-winners & big names, like Patricia Clarkson for a nothing performance or Alex Borstein. I just don’t buy it, I’ll have to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Chris, are you sure that Billy Porter and Emma Thompson are lead?

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

That is what I was told weeks ago. It’s possible the HFPA has switched them, but nobody has indicated that to us.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

That is what I was told weeks ago. It’s possible the HFPA has switched them, but nobody has indicated that to us.

What about the Hill House cast? Gugino and Huisman are listed in lead, but do you know anything about the other cast members?

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks Chris. Couldd you add Sharon Stone in the prediction center? I think that Stone could get a nomination if she goes supporting because that category is very weak.

AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

(Also, the HFPA LOVES Sharon Stone.)

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the easiest category for me to predict

Best actor in a musical or comedy series

Sacha baron cohen (who is america)
    Michael douglas (the kominski method)
    Donald glover (atlanta)
    Bill hader (barry)
    William H macy (shameless)

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

Bodyguard was a huge hit in the U.K. It is acclaimed and airing on Netflix in the U.S. People know Richard Madden from Game Of Thrones. I think Madden and the series have a good shot at getting in and right now they are at long odds at derby. Haunting of Hill House is new, Netflix, has great reviews and is buzzed about. In a way it reminds me of A Stranger Things with that level of acclaim and buzz. The only actor I see getting in for Haunting would be Carla Gugino. Pose is gay friendly and they have embraced gay friendly things before. They like Ryan Murphy shows and they could nominate several stars like Billy Porter, Even Peters and MJ Rodriquez They might like the Pose cast considering how diverse it is with a lot of transgender people in it. Murphy also knows how to campaign and sell his stuff. Homecoming is definitely in. They love Amazon shows and will love Julia Roberts

Sasha Baron Cohen should be able to get in and right now is at long odds at derby

I don’t see William H Macy getting in. I think at this stage he is more of a SAG thing then a Globe thing

I haven’t seen the new Sabrina series in the predictions center.

EDITED BY RILEY (MERGED FOUR CONSECUTIVE POSTS)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Riley.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Riley.
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Given the win and two subsequent nominations for Christian Slater, the Globes seem more receptive to comeback stories than other awards. It was an acclaimed performance in a new show and the Globes variably do go for the ones that were overlooked by the Emmys, like Corey Stoll. We have also seen the Globes single out acclaimed performances like Ben Mendelsohn and others in this category from first seasons like Danny Huston and Scott Caan from shows that neither they nor the Emmys particularly liked. They might not remember Goliath.

You really made a good case for Fraser, I did not remember the random nominations of Scott Caan and Danny Huston (Magic City is like it never existed).

But I think that Goliath and Thornton will be like Boss and Grammer, noms for first season and drama and win for he lead man, then completely dropped and forgotten the second year.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanks Chris. Couldd you add Sharon Stone in the prediction center? I think that Stone could get a nomination if she goes supporting because that category is very weak.

It is absurd to claim that this category can be weak while we are still in the Golden Age of TV, this category can be incredibly stronger if they nominate only actresses from The Handmaid’s Tale, Pose and The Haunting of Hill House. But then there are other incredible supporting performances in Westworld, Better Call Saul, American Crime Story: Versace, Maisel, Atlanta and the list can go forever. The Globes need to add more supporting categories, this is a little offensive in my opinion. Sharon Stone has 0 chance.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the easiest category for me to predict

Best actor in a musical or comedy series

Sacha baron cohen (who is america)
    Michael douglas (the kominski method)
    Donald glover (atlanta)
    Bill hader (barry)
    William H macy (shameless)

Don’t think so. What about Jim Carrey and Ted Danson? I think that they are both in, Macy and Cohen are out.

unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Douglas and Jim Carrey would be the obvious choices to be part of Comedy Actor category given how the HFPA loves to nominate movie stars in TV categories.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Showtime is going to get two nominations n in this category and neither is going to be Jim Carrey?  Right then.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one pulling for a shock in Best Actress – TV Series Drama with Kiernan Shipka getting a nom for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘2019 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.