Home Forums Music Who will be the most nominated artist at the 2019 Grammy Awards?

Who will be the most nominated artist at the 2019 Grammy Awards?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
DC95
Bee
Who will be the most nominated artist at the 2019 Grammy Awards?
Beyoncé/The Carters
Cardi B
Childish Gambino
Drake
Kanye West
Kendrick Lamar
Post Malone
Quavo/Migos
Taylor Swift
Another artist not listed (discuss in comments)
  • 24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Drake will be the most nominated artist. I’m predicting 9 nominations.

He’s got other collaboration contenders that could be nominated as well depending on how the rap genre review committee selects (like “Yes Indeed”, “Look Alive”, “Walk It Talk It”).

Record of the Year: “God’s Plan”
    Song of the Year: “God’s Plan”
    Album of the Year: Scorpion
    Rap Performance: “Nice For What”
    Rap Performance: “Sicko Mode” (Travis Scott)
    Rap Song: “God’s Plan”
    Rap Song: “Sicko Mode”
    Rap Sung Performance: “In My Feelings”
    Rap Album: Scorpion

I know some of you think Cardi will lead, but I think she’ll end up with like 6 noms:

Record of the Year: “I Like It”
    Song of the Year: “I Like It”
    Album of the Year: Invasion of Privacy
    Pop Duo: “Girls Like You”
    Rap Sung: “I Like It”
    Rap Album: Invasion of Privacy

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Drake and Cardi B are aiming to get 7-10 nominations.

Beyoncé could surprise based on how much love they’re willing to show The Carters, and if Perfect gets in Record of the Year. Right now I don’t see her getting more than 5, but you never know.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Cardi is in Best Rap Performance. That category tends to be reserved for the biggest rap acts, and she’s that in 2018. “Be Careful” could miss song, but I can’t see it missing performance.

I also think she will double back on Record of the Year nominations: one for “I Like It” and another for “Girls Like You,” the latter having a good chance at a Song of the Year nomination.

I also think “Finesse” has an outside shot at a nomination in Music Video. The Grammys tend to nominate acts after they have swept the previous year. Please see Beyoncé, Adele, Lady Antebellum, etc.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I can see Childish Gambino somehow getting nominated for all of his submissions. If not, then I see him getting 4-5.

Even if Beyonce fails to get into the GF categories, at the very least, she’ll have 4 noms.

Cardi just has the recipe for most nominated artist there. She has the sales, the reviews, the narrative, and the rooting factor. But as far as her winning, I can see her losing….all of them? Or just winning one?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Janelle Monae is being underestimated.

Yes, her Grammy history has been shaky. Yes, she doesn’t really have a big hit or album. But I think her submissions were near perfect and she has had a ton of Grammy buzz with this album.

Nominations I can see her getting:
    Album of the Year – Dirty Computer
    Best Urban Contemporary Album – Dirty Computer
    Best R&B Performance – “I Like That”
    Best R&B Song – “I Like That”
    Best Music Video – “Make Me Feel” or “PYNK”

She has outside chances at Record, Song and Pop Solo for “Make Me Feel.”

I don’t know if she’s credited, but Best Engineered Album is a possibility as well.

At the very least, she’s landing three nominations, but I can see her surprisingly getting more nominations than predicted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Janelle Monae is being underestimated.

Yes, her Grammy history has been shaky. Yes, she doesn’t really have a big hit or album. But I think her submissions were near perfect and she has had a ton of Grammy buzz with this album.

Nominations I can see her getting:
    Album of the Year – Dirty Computer
    Best Urban Contemporary Album – Dirty Computer
    Best R&B Performance – “I Like That”
    Best R&B Song – “I Like That”
    Best Music Video – “Make Me Feel” or “PYNK”

She has outside chances at Record, Song and Pop Solo for “Make Me Feel.”

I don’t know if she’s credited, but Best Engineered Album is a possibility as well.

At the very least, she’s landing three nominations, but I can see her surprisingly getting more nominations than predicted.

Underestimated for how many nominations she’s getting? She’s 3rd for odds in AOTY, 6th in SOTY (for the wrong song) and 14th for ROTY. I think she can get five as well. She already has 6 nods so she’s not completely unknown to the Academy.

I do think she sent too many submissions for Music Video. Make Me Feel and PYNK should’ve been the only ones submitted and even then, they’re both extremely stylish to the point where they could split votes. But if that’s not the case, PYNK would be the one to go.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, underestimated in how many nominations she’s getting. I see the same names thrown around in this thread here and she’s not even in this poll. Being #14 in the rankings now disproves she’s underestimated?

ReplyCopy URL
    ddib3
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m honestly still baffled by her not getting SOTY for the fun. song. I thought she actually handled some of the writing lol.

I’m still pulling for an AOTY win on her behalf, I honestly think she deserves it it’s definitely my favorite female album of the year. Maybe me favorite album overall.

I’m seeking the MAXIMUM success for Dirty Computer, Invasion of Privacy, ASTROWORLD, Golden Hour, Everything is Love and Lost & Found.

ReplyCopy URL
    ddib3
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Drake is not eligible for Performance nominations with “SICKO MODE” as he’s not featured, just a songwriter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Yo Calvin
    Participant
    Topics:

There is NO way Kacey is getting that many nominations.

Let us dream you little troll

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Janelle Monae is being underestimated. Yes, her Grammy history has been shaky. Yes, she doesn’t really have a big hit or album. But I think her submissions were near perfect and she has had a ton of Grammy buzz with this album. Nominations I can see her getting: Album of the Year – Dirty Computer Best Urban Contemporary Album – Dirty Computer Best R&B Performance – “I Like That” Best R&B Song – “I Like That” Best Music Video – “Make Me Feel” or “PYNK” She has outside chances at Record, Song and Pop Solo for “Make Me Feel.” I don’t know if she’s credited, but Best Engineered Album is a possibility as well. At the very least, she’s landing three nominations, but I can see her surprisingly getting more nominations than predicted.

Whar about Music Film?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, underestimated in how many nominations she’s getting. I see the same names thrown around in this thread here and she’s not even in this poll. Being #14 in the rankings now disproves she’s underestimated?

She’s not in the poll because there’s no way that she is getting the most nominations. Same with Kacey Musgraves. And at least she’s in the top 20.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not in the poll because there’s no way that she is getting the most nominations. Same with Kacey Musgraves. And at least she’s in the top 20.

Neither will Quavo/Migos, but he’s/they’re in the poll. So, that means she’s being underestimated, like I said before. And even if she’s not the most nominated artist, she could get more nominations than predicted and be one of the most leading nominees this year, just like SZA last year. Not sure why Kacey was brought up since I’m talking about Janelle.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Whar about Music Film?

Yes, this could happen as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Also Drake is not eligible for Performance nominations with “SICKO MODE” as he’s not featured, just a songwriter.

He is credited as a performer on the submissions.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.