Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2019

Best Actor 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 289 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
8 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pulp
Marcus.H
  • Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Redford more than Dafoe. I don’t see Dafoe’s film gaining traction, especially because Bale and Eastwood will be late breakers.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason, I just put Hedges back in my predictions. Redford and Dafoe probably make more sense, but I just feel like the buzz isn’t really there for either actor and they would need to rely on critics buzz to get in, I think. Dafoe potentially could get that critics love. Malek seems like a possibility, but still too soon to tell and first responses haven’t been as huge as they needed to be to make him a solid top five contender. Hedges at least has Kidman and possibly even Crowe from his film, even though the response overall hasn’t been as rapturous. He’s also in three films this fall/winter and I generally think people are rooting for him. I could definitely take him out again in the near future, but I have him back in.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I think “The Wife” is a movie the Academy will show love to, and Jonathan Pryce could definitely get in. He was terrific.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I hate to say it but SPC really should’ve category frauded Pryce into Supporting Actor.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha 2.0
    Participant
    Topics:

I fucking hate when there’s no leading actor I can be passionate about. It’s like that almost every year.
    Last year there was Josh O’Connor who had no chance and Chalamalet who in the end lost every televised award to fucking 🍖.
    Why the fuck actors are so boring these days?

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

I fucking hate when there’s no leading actor I can be passionate about. It’s like that almost every year.
    Last year there was Josh O’Connor who had no chance and Chalamalet who in the end lost every televised award to fucking 🍖.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Omg you mentioned Josh! He’s so awesome in my opinion, but I just don’t know why he got completely different treatment compared to Timothee.</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha 2.0
    Participant
    Topics:

And just like that I have someone to be passionate about this season! I had an opportunity to watch Green Book and just hand it to Mr. Mortensen. He should have already been a golden dildo winner so this year they have a perfect chance to correct that mistake. This movie is gonna be a huge crowd pleaser. And both him and Ali are absolutely outstanding and should be campaigned in leading category. You cannot put Ali in supporting, you just cannot. He deserves his leading nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Monty
    Participant
    Topics:

If the race comes down to Bale vs Cooper, it is like a repeat of Stone vs Portman. Bale, like Portman, is a previous winner on his third nomination playing a historical figure. Cooper is beloved actor on a muscial which is a frontrunner for BP like Stone. If it is the case, Cooper could turn out victorious too.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

This category has been boring for yeeaaaars. I mean, come on Oscars years ago, throw Ryan Reynolds in the mix for Deadpool. Oh yeah, the performances in this category cannot make you laugh or make you joyful. Zzzzzzzz

ReplyCopy URL
    Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

I think at this point we can infer that it’s bradley cooper’s to lose. Unless Bale pulls a DDL performance here, I can’t really see any major upset in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Watch Eastwood wind up the dark horse.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I think that Cooper has a good chance of winning if he is nominated of course.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Here’s my first attempt at trying to call where we stand in this category.

Frontrunners

Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
    Christian Bale, Vice

Could win

Ryan Gosling, First Man
    Viggo Mortensen, Green Book

On the brink

Ethan Hawke, First Reformed
    Robert Redford, The Old Man and the Gun
    Stephan James, If Beale Street Could Talk
    Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
    Willem Dafoe, At Eternity’s Gate
    John David Washington, BlacKkKlansman
    Hugh Jackman, The Front Runner

Longer shots

Lakeith Stanfield, Sorry to Bother You
    Lucas Hedges, Boy Erased
    Ben Foster, Leave No Trace
    Clint Eastwood, The Mule

Shouldn’t be written off

Steve Carell, Beautiful Boy
    Lucas Hedges, Ben Is Back
    Jonathan Pryce, The Wife
    John C. Reilly, Stan and Ollie
    Paul Coogan, Stan and Ollie

Really long shots

Joaquin Phoenix, The Sisters Brothers
    Steve Carell, Welcome to Marwen
    Ben Mendelsohn, The Land of Steady Habits

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch Eastwood wind up the dark horse.

He is a Trump supporter who criticized Meryl Streep for her Cecil B. DeMille speech openly. They are not touching him with a 10-foot pole. The best chance for that movie is getting Bradley Cooper nominated due to ASIB hype and that’s it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

wish ethan hawke had more attention in the race :-/ nice tho to get a gotham nom

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 289 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.