Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 579 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wattsgold
Luca Giliberti
willd
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue your discussion of the 2019 Best Actress category in this second thread.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that this needs a part 2 is just proof that this category is STACKED. Can we please have like 7 slots? Currently, my predictions are:

• Glenn Close (The Wife)
    • Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born)
    • Viola Davis (Widows)
    • Melissa McCarthy (CYEFM)
    • An actress from The Favourite

But honestly: Kidman, Ronan, Aparicio are all serious contenders. I will be disappointed if Kidman doesn’t get a single Oscar nomination this upcoming year. I also can’t convince myself to drop Davis, she’s just too beloved now.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga to sweep. I bet even the snobs at BAFTA will not be able to resist rewarding her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Toni Colette will be nominated for her unforgettable performance in Hereditary. No one beats her this year for a leading performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hoping Kathryn Hahn can become a contender after Spirits and Gothams, and sneak into SAG and the Globes. She could be this year’s Viggio Mortenson. Also, I’d be interested to see if Private Life goes comedy. It’s the second funniest movie of the year, in my opinion, even though it’s dramatic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

The fact that this needs a part 2 is just proof that this category is STACKED. Can we please have like 7 slots? Currently, my predictions are:

• Glenn Close (The Wife)
    • Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born)
    • Viola Davis (Widows)
    • Melissa McCarthy (CYEFM)
    • An actress from The Favourite

But honestly: Kidman, Ronan, Aparicio are all serious contenders. I will be disappointed if Kidman doesn’t get a single Oscar nomination this upcoming year. I also can’t convince myself to drop Davis, she’s just too beloved now.

Nah… It’s been like that every single year. It doesn’t mean it’s stacked, it means gays love their leading ladies more than they should. 😛

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga to sweep. I bet even the snobs at BAFTA will not be able to resist rewarding her.

She can easily win GG and SAG, but i don’t think she will win either BAFTA or CC. I see either Kidman or McCarthy winning CC and Close winning BAFTA (her movie is partially british).

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Kathryn Hahn could be this year’s random SAG nod, a la Emily Blunt/Helen Mirren. Best case scenario, she’s this year’s Viggo Mortensen.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Thankful I saw Gaga’s movie opening weekend. She’s not a threat unless all the televised precursors back her. And so far only the Globes are a lock for her for winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Amandla Stanberg in “The Hate U Give”, Elsie Fisher in “Eighth Grade” and Thomas Mckenzie in “Leave No Trace”, should be in the discussion. Such powerful performances and fit into the ingenue mold Oscar voters like to award.

ReplyCopy URL
    distain
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to say she will, but I really feel like if everything aligns, Kidman can surge and win.

The career best reviews, the transformation/Deglam aspect, and the fact that she’s more beloved/respected within the industry than at any point since the early 2000’s.

All depends on how competently Annapurna handle it. They got the raw material to challenge.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Toni Colette will be nominated for her unforgettable performance in Hereditary. No one beats her this year for a leading performance.

We wish, but they would not nominate any actress from a pure horror movie. Toni was insanely iconic; my friends still talk about her reaction to ”the car discovery”. When was the last time that happened? ’73?

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to say she will, but I really feel like if everything aligns, Kidman can surge and win.

The career best reviews, the transformation/Deglam aspect, and the fact that she’s more beloved/respected within the industry than at any point since the early 2000’s.

All depends on how competently Annapurna handle it. They got the raw material to challenge.

For many, there is not any other actress more deserving of Oscar #2 than Nicole. The last years have been some of the best choices made in Hollywood. For every ”Bewitched”, she has like five ”Big Little Lies” accomplishments, and you know ”Bewitched” was just an abomination. Very few could recover from that.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Amandla Stanberg in “The Hate U Give”, Elsie Fisher in “Eighth Grade” and Thomas Mckenzie in “Leave No Trace”, should be in the discussion. Such powerful performances and fit into the ingenue mold Oscar voters like to award.

Just checked the trailer for ”Leave No Trace” and I would already bump two of the ”frontrunners” in Best Actor/Actress just on what I saw from Thomasin McKenzie and Ben Foster.

Why do always the thirstiest ones have to be nominated (and acting fake as f**k in all interviews may I add)? What about the true talents in worthwhile stories?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  wattsgold.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

As of right now I have:

1. Lady Gaga (A Star Is Born)
    2. Olivia Colman/Emma Stone (The Favourite)
    3. Viola Davis (Widows)
    4. Melissa McCarthy (Can You Ever Forgive Me?)
    5. Glen Close (The Wife)

But I think Close or Davis might lose their spot to someone like Kidman or Stenberg.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 579 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.